Friday 10 May 2013

Beat me to it.

I bought some (more) new books. I like books. I like books on preserving. I keep being asked to write my own - not by folk who know anything about publishing, but nonetheless...

Some books are so annoyingly full of unnecessary complications. Take this one for example:


It's an American publication & they do things slightly different when it comes to preserving & I can make allowances BUT, by the time I'd got through 30 pages of introductions, contradictions, equipment, acknowledgements & 'before you starts', frankly I didn't give a monkey's about the recipes.
It's going on the bookshelf to gather dust.

This one however is the one I wish I'd written.


Friendly, simple, unpatronising and empowering...darn it.
It's a DK publication with all the great photographs you'd expect but with a slightly more grown up look.
There are some quirky recipes in there that appeal to my Jammy Cow head plus a fabulous idea for making pectin from leftover lemon shells (my compost bin won't thank me).

Darn it (again)! Now I'm going to have to rethink my master plan for world domination....

No comments:

Post a Comment