Thursday 16 May 2013

From the ashes of disaster...

Thought for the day here in the Jammy Cow kitchen, super tune from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and pretty much how are things with me.
Anyhoo, before I go off on one again, let me explain.

A while ago I made some Spiced Rhubarb & Orange Chutney. It was lovely & sold really well. I came across the recipe again to day and, having some rhubarb left over from making Rhubarb & Ginger Jam, thought it would be a great choice for the Food Festivals & Fairs in June.

After standing over it AND still having it catch on the bottom of the pan (changed pans 3 times) for 4 hours and it still not being ready I was all for throwing it in the bin.


I hate waste but I didn't have the time or the energy for another 4 hours. It would've been a shame. It really tasted nice but it wasn't reducing.
Then, ta dah! 


I blended it & bottled it and invented my own 'Rhubarb Ketchup'!
I'd like to say it was on purpose. I'd like to say I'm a creative genius. But frankly...
I just wing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment